Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January is well..... January

So I really haven't had time to post. Life has been fairly crazy lately. One thing after another needs attention and it just gets so very, very busy. There isn't a ton of time for being together with P or having a ton of fun. Welcome to life, right? The major updates:

Vi is really great. She had her first cold, but still seems fairly jolly. She isn't big on tummy time or rolling over, but loves her 'nude' time on the playmat and kicks and dances and laughs and smiles. Bottles are less attractive to her than before and she really, really likes her cereal, gobbling it down. She's tried oatmeal and rice cereal, I'm going to start barley next week. Carrots are preferable to sweet potatoes, and she hates green beans and peas. At her 5 month checkup she weighed 14 pounds and was 26 inches long (90% for height). The outfits she retired really aren't too small, but too short.

P has January off from grad school so it's been super great having him around more. That said, he works until 7:30-9:30 p.m. every night. I leave him to do the late feeding ~ 10:oo p.m. and I try to hit the hay in case Miss Vi is up at 3 or 4.

I have not been feeling well. The arthritis is severe in my hands and feet especially, and sometimes my knees and neck. I'm not going to the gym as much as and as long as I'd like, but I am trying to stay active (and take off those last 9 pounds!) by being on the Wii Fit and treadmill at home. When I went to the Rheumatologist he found that I failed an eye test because my eyes are really not making any tears and that I had an extremely dry mouth along with the arthritis and digestive symptoms. He thinks I have Sjogren's syndrome, an autoimmune disease that causes all sorts of issues and is related to lupus/rheumatoid arthritis. Honestly, do I need anything else? But yes, it would be nice to move on and get some treatment and feel better!

January has been, well January. It's so cold and snowy here. December was very cold and snowy for this part of Michigan. I hate not going outside and minimizing taking the baby out due to the freeze. I miss taking her out in the stroller and talking to all the neighbors.

No comments: