I'm hanging in there two weeks posy surgery. I wanted to blog every day but just never got around to it. Taking meds and keeping hydrated and feeling miserable takes lots of time. Anyway, I had a good day Saturday and Sunday and by Sunday evening I was feeling terrible. So I was on the couch and "Dr. Benny" came over with the medical kit. Here he is listening to my heartbeat. I paid for his services in m & m's.
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
My mother was cleaning her cedar chest out (which is sorely needed IMHO), and found this Snoopy sweater my nephew's (he lived with us at the time) other grandmother made him. Benny is very into Snoopy and Charlie Brown right now AND it's winter. So the sweater was awesome. My nephew is 24 years old BTW, so this sweater is approximately 20 years old.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
I was coming downstairs from putting away laundry (of course). Paul was supervising Victoria's bath. Benny was watching Charlie Brown.
Benny: mom (not mama like usual), I peed in my underpants.
Me: you did? Let's go in the potty.
Benny: my pants aren't wet.
Me: oh yes they are. What happened?
Benny: I don't know.
Paul: did he pee on the new chair? (We just got him a mini-poang chair from IKEA). He put it together about 30 minutes ago.
Benny: what a mess! Someone peed in this chair.
Paul: do you know what happened to this chair?
Benny: I don't know.
Friday, January 8, 2016
· Going back to work over the Holidays is tough! It was a rough week, everyone wants to stay home and no one wants to get up.
· V received a dancing game for the Wii for Christmas. I think Benny likes playing it the best. He will dance along, but when he gets a Wii controller, he stands in awe and watches the screen.
· I’ve been running. I’m up to 2.5 miles. Sometimes it is wonderful, sometimes it is tough. I’m up to about 10 miles a week. Small peanuts to some, HUGE accomplishment for me.
· I worked a lot over the Holidays. I wish I would have been home with the kids more, so I’m kind of sad. We did have some great times playing board games. V received “Catan Junior”, and we are all big fans.
· What is my New Year’s Resolution? Trying not to be negative. Phrasing everything positively. Especially with the kids. Being calm.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Guess who got his first haircut? They only made three cuts and didn't charge me, but it looks so much better! It is even curlier. The front was not cut, that is just how long it is. Remember, he's three and half years old. So he definitely has my side of family's thin hair. Let's just hope he doesn't have my teeth too!
Monday, December 7, 2015
So you're Three and a Half. I can't believe it. Who said you could grow up?
* You're obsessed with "Uptown Funk" video by Bruno Mars. You also like "Worth It" by Fifth Harmony and you sing "Baby, I'm Market", instead of worth it. It's very cute.
* Lately, you've been a bad eater. No grapes or watermelon which were previously your favorite. It seems like all you want is juice, milk, and "treats".
* We have a boy that uses the potty! Three weeks ago, I put you in underwear and you've had one accident. The BM's aren't going that well, but you've had some constipation problems. I've been giving you a little Miralax. Just like your sister.
* You've been a bit naughty lately. Lots of jumping, crying, whining.
* You haven't been napping on weekends consistently.
* You can easily walk a mile and a half.
*No haircut yet, but maybe soon? There is one long piece in back but still not much in front.
* When I pick you up, you still run out and am excited to meet me.
*You love picking up your sister at after school care. I think you want to join in too.
* "Mama, Daddy, will you lie with me"? Every night. It takes you a long time to get to sleep.
* You love showers and baths.
* Wrestling with Daddy is the best.
* You like to turn sommersaults in my lap when I sit on the couch.
* You are very interested in technology. More than anything else.
* You know all your letters, shapes, colors, animals, etc, etc. And you've know them for a long time.