Wednesday, January 20, 2016
My mother was cleaning her cedar chest out (which is sorely needed IMHO), and found this Snoopy sweater my nephew's (he lived with us at the time) other grandmother made him. Benny is very into Snoopy and Charlie Brown right now AND it's winter. So the sweater was awesome. My nephew is 24 years old BTW, so this sweater is approximately 20 years old.
Sunday, January 17, 2016
I was coming downstairs from putting away laundry (of course). Paul was supervising Victoria's bath. Benny was watching Charlie Brown.
Benny: mom (not mama like usual), I peed in my underpants.
Me: you did? Let's go in the potty.
Benny: my pants aren't wet.
Me: oh yes they are. What happened?
Benny: I don't know.
Paul: did he pee on the new chair? (We just got him a mini-poang chair from IKEA). He put it together about 30 minutes ago.
Benny: what a mess! Someone peed in this chair.
Paul: do you know what happened to this chair?
Benny: I don't know.
Friday, January 8, 2016
· Going back to work over the Holidays is tough! It was a rough week, everyone wants to stay home and no one wants to get up.
· V received a dancing game for the Wii for Christmas. I think Benny likes playing it the best. He will dance along, but when he gets a Wii controller, he stands in awe and watches the screen.
· I’ve been running. I’m up to 2.5 miles. Sometimes it is wonderful, sometimes it is tough. I’m up to about 10 miles a week. Small peanuts to some, HUGE accomplishment for me.
· I worked a lot over the Holidays. I wish I would have been home with the kids more, so I’m kind of sad. We did have some great times playing board games. V received “Catan Junior”, and we are all big fans.
· What is my New Year’s Resolution? Trying not to be negative. Phrasing everything positively. Especially with the kids. Being calm.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Guess who got his first haircut? They only made three cuts and didn't charge me, but it looks so much better! It is even curlier. The front was not cut, that is just how long it is. Remember, he's three and half years old. So he definitely has my side of family's thin hair. Let's just hope he doesn't have my teeth too!