Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day 34

Here we are.  It's Day 34 of this pandemic/quarantine/flatten the curve/stay at home/twilight zone.  I'm thrilled to report that we are all well.  Except for some flare of my migraines, a case of some sort of thumb issue, and some moderate allergies for B.   The kids are working hard on school.  This week finally we have some assignments posted (marked optional - not for my kids they aren't).   I had ordered some workbooks and especially B and I had been working our way through them.  He really flourishes with some one on one attention during school.  The days go by relatively quickly with a schedule.  Except the days that I work from home, those can get rough in the afternoons.  On nice days, I try to have more outside time.  I'm tempted to take them to a hiking trail, but going out makes me very anxious and I can't trust other people to maintain social distance.  Especially on a warm-ish sunny day, these places are full of people. 

We've done a great deal of outdoor walking as a family.  Usually go late afternoon.  On a nice evening, again, you are dodging people.  I've gotten in a few walks alone.  Since this started I've walked 61 miles (about 50 with everyone) and did some basement workouts.  P has been working out like crazy and he is getting so buff.  We would love to bike as a family, but again on a nice day, you're dodging people. 

We are hanging in there.  I hope everyone is well. 

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I am glad you are all doing well! That is the best we can hope for during all of this uncertainty. I am also seriously impressed by all of your walking. Fantastic!