Thursday, November 17, 2011

1st Haircut




Victoria’s hair was looking even worse than usual. I understand that is negative, but she does indeed have some really kooky hair. The front is untouched, sparse, and short. The back is long and straggly, thin, frizzy, different lengths. We were out by the mall for her Pediatric GI appointment (more on that later), and afterwards I took her to play place in the mall. We passed by a Regis on the way out with no customers. We went in and I asked for a haircut. We got a friendly girl named Amber. She said, “Ma’am, there really isn’t anything to cut here.” I agreed, but she conservatively trimmed the back so it was all one length and it did look better. V never moved a muscle or said a word. It cost $11. Afterwards she told me, “I got my hair cut”.

I’ve tried to make her hair less flyaway and crazy. I’ve tried baby gels, leave-in conditioners, etc. It works for a few hours after the bath and then done. We do carry the AXIN2 gene in my family that causes thin hair. I think V may have it.

1st haircut at 3.3 years. Next one will probably be another 3 years. I got choked up a bit when I saw how big my baby is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks a bit uncertain in the first picture!


Pradhma

Anonymous said...

:) love it. wonder if i have that gene?? m's hair is so short and doesn't seem to grow quite right!

GI??? what's that all about?