Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers - sick edition

* I've been meaning to write. But I've been ill. Really ill. I was unable to get off the couch after my last stint in the hospital, then I ended up in triage later one evening getting hydration. It was hell this time. The nurses were unkind, my husband was tired, I had dry heaves, had to have three attempts at IV placement. My sole goal since then is to stay hydrated and out of the hospital. Oh yes, I'm written off work because I've also lost 10 lbs due to anorexia, dehydration, nausea, dizziness, fatigue.
* I'm supposed to eat or drink anything I want.
* P's work is stressing me out. He has a big project due April 23rd. He works until 8 or 9 each evening and says this is his last weekend to work. My mom came down over Easter so he could work on Good Friday and Easter Saturday.
* I've been sleeping in the chair an extra two hours per day. Not so well at night.
* After all the warm weather it became pretty cold here.
* I miss work and socialization. I'm kind of depressed, actually.
* The baby is fine by the way. I should have said that first. Just mama having a hard time.

For more Friday Night Leftovers visit Danifred - www.sippycupsarenotforstarbucks.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

Ugh, Being in line with you pregnancy wise I can't imagine how hard this is especially with a toddler to care for. Do you have help while your DH is working long hours? If not, you NEED to get some help please.

MrsSpock said...

AWFUL. We've had stomach bugs every 2 weeks and fevers in between. It was bad enough without being pregnant! Can you get a mommy's helper in the evenings until P gets home?

Anonymous said...

boo. can i bring you something? trashy magazines? frozen yogurt? or GELATO?? :) i'd be happy to!

be sure to take care of yourself! there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Barb said...

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. :(