Monday, June 1, 2015

Dance

It's no secret I really wanted to take dance when I was a child.  I wasn't particularly athletic and I think I could have actually participated, instead of warming the bench in most sports I played.  We had one small (expensive) dance studio which my parents considered for the elite (they definitely suffered from an inferiority complex) and really didn't have the money.  I hoped victoria would like dance, and so far she seems to.  (By the way-  it is the cheaper eat activity we do, by far).  I get the shoes secondhand and we go to a non flashy dance studio.  

Last year she took ballet and jazz.  This year is tap and jazz.  She had a dress rehearsal yesterday.  The theme is Disney so it is pretty cute.  

So am I upset with my parents?  Yes.  They let their insecurities get in the way of something their child wanted to do.

1 comment:

MrsSpock said...

I wanted to dance too, but we were just straight-up poor. I got to take lessons for half a year and was so sad when I couldn't do it again. E will be in dance soon. Our studio will be $48/month for jazz/ballet. It's a bit less than gymnastics.