Thursday, February 12, 2009

Children's books sadness

http://overlawyered.com/2009/02/cpsia-and-vintage-books/

They are throwing away children's books made before 1985. I have many kids' books I have saved for Vi from when I was a child in the 1970's! and I was fine. My Charlie Brown Dictionary, Richard Scary's Best Word Book Ever Book, and a bunch of Little Golden Books.

The article says, "that color illustrations in some old children’s books do flunk the new and stringent rules set by CPSIA for lead content; this does not necessarily mean they pose any hazard to actual children, provided the children use the books for reading and visual enjoyment rather than as something to chew, lick, or devour holes through".

How sad. Should I keep the books for Vi or not? I'm still thinking....

No comments: