Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers

• I”ve been meaning to write soo much lately, and life is just spinning out of control this week. My husband is back to working tremendously long hours, so that affects all of us a great deal. He works a fifteen minute drive away from the house, so last night Vi and I brought him dinner. The drive over she was singing and kept asking me about “the train”. “Where is the train, mama?” because we just bumped over some poorly maintained train tracks. When we got there, she was soooo excited to see daddy come out of the building. We went up to his desk area and she was just so pleased. She also ate a bunch of his tic tacs.
• On the way home I went through the Dairy Queen drive-thru (hey, it was 97F here and I haven’t had any in a long time). I got Victoria a small twisted chocolate/vanilla WITH sprinkles. The entire block drive home she keep repeating “I want my ice-cweam” . I set her up at her little table to watch Toy Story (I am SOOOOOOOO tired of that movie) and about 5 minutes later she turned to me with a chocolate beard saying, “I need more sprinkles mama”. She had eaten all the sprinkle parts. She ate a little more than half and I put the rest in the freezer.


• The heat has been relentless. I know my Texas and Florida friends are laughing at me currently, but it has been crazy hot here. High 90’s and 100 for the past entire week. We’re just not used to this. It’s too hot to swing outside, or walk, or go in the little pool. It’s like the air conditioning in my car doesn’t exist. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE STAND THIS???


• I’ve felt like complete garbage this week. It started with some vertigo on Monday night , very suddenly, then a three day headache, then the past two days of severe, burning acid reflux. I haven’t had reflux like this since I gave up wheat. Mylanta has become my best friend and I cut out my morning cup of coffee and late afternoon Diet Coke in the hopes that it will help. Of course, I’m blaming it all on the weather.
• Last week I took Friday off and Vi and I met my mom halfway between our houses. I rented us a deluxe hotel for the night and we did some shopping and some swimming. It was really fun. Vi was a complete angel. We went in Sam’s Club and the only thing she wanted was the industrial size box of tic tacs. She clutched them the entire way through the store. In the car in the way on the way home, she clutched them while she was sleeping. And she walks around the house clutching them. She hasn’t tried to open them, which is good.


• I need some capri pants for work. Kohl’s is always out of my size, JcPenny only had casual, Marshalls had none, can’t get to the Gap Outlet. Anyone have any suggestions?

6 comments:

The Captain's Wife said...

the heat is out of control! but i keep reminding my self of the nearly 4 ft of snow i had in my front yard just a few months ago!

i buy almost all my work close at ann taylor or the loft. also new york and company have great (affordable) pants.

Danifred said...

Sorry you've felt so bad this week. I'm with you on the heat though- it has been miserable. I'm sure it's not helping ANYONE feel better.

I'm a big fan of Ann Taylor Loft as well!

Anonymous said...

The heat is crazy here. It's a good weekend to stay inside and (yes) watch Toy Story! Feel better soon!

KELLY

Swistle said...

The car air-conditioning thing, YES! It was like even on full-blast, all it could do was beat back some of the heat a little.

Anonymous said...

omg. the heat. i can't take it a minute longer!!!

did you know my mall has an ann taylor loft now? AND is getting a white house black market? wahoo. i think you need a trip this-a-way! :)

Barb said...

Target had some really cute ones on clearance.

Great. Now I want Dairy Queen. Thanks ;)

We deal with the heat by doing as little outside as we can unless it's the coolest part of the day (coolest being relative at heat index of mid to high 80s) just like you do in the winter. :) and it can get just as bad other places as it does here. I just feel like it's like that here for much longer and more consistently and the sun and humidity much more intense.