Monday, July 11, 2011

Talking

Conversation with Victoria, Sunday 10:20 a.m. Enroute to Farmer’s Market and Target
Victoria is not a huge conversationalist, more of a babbler and responder, so this took me by surprise.

Me: Your birthday is coming up. Do you want to have a party?
V: yeah
Me: Who do you want to invite?
Vi: names some other kids from her class.
V: Yeah
Me: Do you want a cake?
V: Yeah
Me: what kind of cake – a Ladybug or a Wall-E cake?
V: I want a Yo Gabba Gabba cake
Me: (Groan) Ladybug or a Wall-E cake?
V: I want a Yo Gabba Gabba cake.
Me: What kind of cake- vanilla or chocolate?
V: Chocolate
Me: chocolate with vanilla icing?
V: No. Chocolate.
Me: ooookkkaaayyyy.
V: I get presents.
Me: How old are you going to be?
V: three ( I have been coaching her, but she’s never told anyone before)

We got into Target and she told an older man – “It’s my birthday”. I explained that no, it wasn’t yet.
All through the store she kept asking where the kids were and where her party was?
Not yet sweetheart. 

3 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

Give it 15 years. I wonder what she'll be saying for her 16th birthday? :-)

Jayme said...

That's cute- my guys don't really talk at all.

Anonymous said...

super cute!

my kids have been begging to sing happy birthday! :) seriously. we sing it in 15 minute blocks. and rotate who's birthday it is!! haha.