Saturday, October 6, 2007

rest of post

I have to be honest. I haven't blogged in a while because I all ever do is complain on this blog. In addition, I have felt so poorly I don't have the energy or the inclination. I had a follow up apt at my GI doc on Wednesday. He was pretty useless and said since my stomach issues had improved so much on my wheat free diet, I didn't have to come back for six months. Whatever. I had resigned the fact that i was going to have to go to Mayo clinic or something else to get some answers and some help. Well, my iron tests came back so low and my hemoglobin dropped to 10 even with the iron supplements and the deceased diarrhea that the crap (pun intended) finally hit the fan and he called me urgently. The new "plan" is to do both the upper and lower GI scope on the same day. I just had a lower last November and have had three uppers! Can't they do the CT Scan of my pancreas first? I can't believe it. He also mentioned my pancreas again where I have to eat like 100 g of fat for three days and then collect all my stool. I don't think I have celiac at all. I don't know what they are looking for, I really don't. I started worrying about cancer and all sorts of things today.

All I know is that I am taking a cross country trip in one week and I feel like hell again. I am nauseous, no desire to eat, and so weak I can't go to the gym anymore or today even get off the couch for the most part. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that this is sorted out soon. I can't believe it is still going on and what an impact it is having on my day to day life. I am pretty down about it too because I am high energy. I like to be active, and I like to eat, both of which I cannot enjoy anymore. We were at a wedding tonight and I got sick and had to come home. I am really nauseous and I felt like vomiting. The frustration, anxiety, worry, and fear are really mounting. I'm really scared, to be honest. I want my life back.

No comments: