This has been going around Facebook, so here I go:
25 things about me.....
1. I've had short hair my entire life until about 7 years ago. Now it is the longest it has ever been and I am really enjoying it.
2. My name Jennifer was extremely popular in the 70's. My mother said that no one else had the name Jennifer until after she named her me that. It was difficult being one of a million Jennifers at everything growing up.
3. For four years we tried to have a baby. Four different physicians told me I would never conceive on my own and I was denied any further infertility treatment. When I found out I was pregnant, it was a huge surprise and I was in serious shock for over two weeks.
4. Sometimes I all I can think about is having more children as rapidly as possible.
5. My favorite TV show of all time is Unsolved Mysteries. It's back on the "Spike" channel but not even close to being as good without Robert Stack and the old theme music.
6. I grew up in a small town in Northern Michigan that is a two hour drive from the nearest freeway and 2.5 hours from the nearest city having anything.
7. I would like to go back to school and be a Physician's Assistant. I wanted to be an MD.
8. I don't eat any wheat which can be really difficult since everything is made of wheat. It's a challenge. But my heartburn, digestive problems, and infertility have significantly improved since I stopped and It's been almost two years.
9. Exercise and being active are my very favorite things, especially if I can do them outdoors. A great day isn't a great day without some exercise.
10. My favorite color is blue of all shades, and wardrobe-wise, I wear a lot of it along with black. My entire house would be shades of blue inside if I could swing it.
11. I have lost 80 pounds and kept it off for some time now. Most people don't know me as being that way, which can be a relief.
12. Today, I think more kids should have a job (how old fashioned). I've worked since I've been 11 years old (serving at weddings - the best job ever), babysitting, dentist's office and it really shaped who I've become.
13. Organ donation is a cause of mine. My father received a kidney transplant from an unrelated donor in 1991 and had it for 14 years.
14. My mom has record numbers of colon polyps in her colon. My aunts also have colon polyps. I've been seeing a Geneticist in the clinic and they think it may be linked to this weird teeth inheritance problem we also have. The only other reported case is in a family from Finland, so the clinic is super interested in us. We're that special!
15. I love exotic food. Growing up we were strictly a meat, potatoes and veg family with pepper and marg as the only seasoning. We don't eat that way at all now.
16. We got to live in the UK right after we were married which enabled us to do a ton of travel. It was really super to visit so many great places.
17. I love sales. A good quantity of everything I buy is with a coupon, on sale, or on clearance.
18. In my 20's I used to be big time into campaigning, working on campaigns, and the Democratic Party. I received Young Democrat of the Year award, and stuff like that. I was the best democrat ever. In the last election, I voted Republican.
19. My favorite book of all time is "The Stand" by Stephen King. It really isn't a horror book, but it makes you look at the world and think 'what if'.
20. My goal is to play some sports regularly, perhaps in a league like tennis, volleyball, Racquetball, or basketball.
21. One time as a child, I got my bell bottom jeans (complete with rainbow patch) stuck in the chain of my banana seat bicycle while riding through a Sambo's Restaurant parking lot near my grandma's house. My grandma came down with scissors to help me get unstuck and I had to ride back to her house on my sister's bike in my underpants because it was such a complicated job.
22. My co-workers are the greatest. Seriously. They make coming to work fun. We always have a bit of a laugh, and can rely on each other.
23. My secret hobby wish is to be a master gardener but I don't have the time or the energy.
24. I am not crafty at all. Especially for anything that requires exactness. I cannot cut a straight line or cross stitch or sew or crochet no matter how hard I try. I've accepted this, but I still don't like it.
25. Whew... this is a lot of stuff.