Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hello from NY, NY

So I'm in NYC for work. I didn't want to go initially because I don't like flying and I didn't want to leave P and the V. I left yesterday afternoon and will be going back tomorrow. This evening I found an Asian restaurant with a *Gluten-Free* Menu and had Gluten Free Spring Roll & Pad Thai! I was proud of myself for going and finding it and eating by myself. After that, I walked another 13 or so blocks to buy P some cupcakes at a special bakery.

Some general observations about NYC: (I'm actually on the Upper East Side of Manhattan)

- More people probably live on this block that are in the entire town that grew up in.
- When I was waiting for a meeting to start, a group of admins sounded exactly like Melanie Griffith's character in "Working Girl". I love the accent!
- There is a lot of food everywhere - hot dog carts on every corner, fresh donuts, fruit carts, and hot pretzels.
- Tons of the little old Jewish ladies with the perfect makeup, tons of gold jewelry and perfectly coifed hair.
-is every car a cab, Mercedes or BMW?
-Traffic is bad all the time constantly - truly the "city that never sleeps".
-Rode over the bridge in the opening credits of Taxi while riding in a Taxi.
-I have a better understanding of what life was like during 9/11 for NY. I walked past a fire station and tourists were taking pictures of the firemen and the memorial.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

New York is really something, isn't it? It's so true about all the people being there, I can't imagine living around all those people. I bet you're glad to home to your little girl!

Anonymous said...

How did Paul do without you??????????