Friday, May 29, 2009

Sleep is elusive

This week has been a bad sleeping week for Vi. We are up north visiting my mother and Vi is sleeping in the pack n play. For two nights she woke up screaming at 4:30 a.m., ate, and slept on my mom until 7:00 a.m. My mom thankfully, let me go back to sleep until 8:00. She hates the pack n play. I tried moving the matress to the down position for more support which she also hates.

Last night was the worst nigth I have ever had since she was born. I fed her and rocked her to sleep and at 9:45 p.m. put her down in the pack n play. She immediately woke up, got on her hands and knees and started screaming. I would have let her cry for five or so minutes, but my mother couldn't stand it and picked her up. I tried to settle her down two more times and she would have none of it. I ended up putting her in bed with me and I would try to move her in the pack n play periodically through the night with no success. Thus, she slept with me all night and mama woke up constantly throughout the night to check on her.

When I woke up I felt like such garbage. She was in a super duper mood. When I visit her daddy in Boston for three weeks, she was going to sleep in the pack n play. It obviously isn't going to work. Any suggestions?

My husband keeps blaming it on her teething. She has all four front teeth finally coming in and has been terribly whiny.

No comments: