Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wow, it's been two weeks.

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I wrote. I've been doing quite well up until last night. I had a lot of back pain, and front pains. Today, I was nauseous and dizzy and felt like hell until about 3:00 p.m. I never even left the house today and I had a lot of errands to run. I was lying in bed at 2:00 p.m. even. I'm very ready to meet this child, yet terrified at the same time. What do we do when we bring her home? How do we know when/where to let her sleep? How do we know what she needs - when to bathe, when to feed, how long to burp, how often to wake her up to feed, etc.

Last Wednesday I went to the OB. He made me pretty angry. He keeps changing my due date and now says it is July 31st.... What??? 40 weeks from the start of my last period is July 20th. This takes into account the 20 days or so until ovulation. Anyway.... my counter has me down as being 38 weeks, his as starting 37 weeks. He also would not write me off for work! He said that I would probably be "too anxious" being home and his "fellows work right up until their water breaks". I'm not an MD - I have nothing to prove. I do planning on working this week, and I am going to take P to my appointment on Wednesday with me to exert some force.

I'm not accustomed to not doing anything so it was hard to just sit around. I did make some chili when I felt better, put away laundry, load the dishwasher, and pack my bag for the hospital. P had bet that the baby would come the 13th (tomorrow) and I bet the 18th.

I'm ready.....

No comments: