Sunday, November 23, 2008

the hell begins.......

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy and endoscopy on Monday. Ugh. I've been eating low residue foods since Thursday (ie: no fiber) and yesterday I drank a 10 oz bottle of Magnesium Citrate which of course, induces bowel movements. I drank it at four instead of six like the instructions said because I know better and I know it takes a while to work. Nevertheless, I was still up every two hours in the night to "go". At 6 tonight I am supposed to drink my GoLytely - which is four gallons of the most vile, thick, salty tasting substance I have ever had. Last time I had the HalfLytley which came with a choice of flavors. This time there is no flavor. I've read on the net that you can flavor it with lemon-lime crystal lite and I have some green tea/lemon lime packets that I may add to the cups. You have to chug a cup every 10-15 minutes until the entire 4 Liters is gone. Yes, 4 liters. I'm starting at 1:00 p.m., because I'm no fool! I've been a liquid diet too, which means gatorade and chicken broth. This is so, so not fun. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Vi is feeling a bit better and the MD gave me something for her severe cradle cap. I think we both have a cold because my throat hurts on top of this.

No comments: