Sunday, June 28, 2009

:(

VI and I have a pretty good bedtime routine. Depending on naps, I usually start her bedtime routine between 8 and 8:30 p.m. (Baths are at 7:00). First we have nude time where I take off all her clothes and she rolls around and plays on a special blanket. Then, I give her the acid reflux meds, change her, put on diaper rash cream, and pj's. Then she has 1/4 c oatmeal with 1/3 babyyogurt followed by 6 oz of bottle. We usually rock her and feed her the bottle and she turns her head and falls asleep immediately. We rock another 10 minutes, put her in her crib, turn on her fan and leave.

Lately, during/after the bottle she wants to sit up and play, but yet is whiny and tired. She cried and fussed and wouldn't settle down. THen I had something in the oven and had to set her down. We tried re-rocking, but wouldn't work. I put her in the crib and put on her crib toy and she immediately started bawling. I came down and took care of the oven, and checked back on her and she was so, so upset. I took her out, rocked her while I was on the phone, and put her in the crib sleepy. She started crying as if her little heart would break. Mine did. I rubbed her back but didn't pick her up. Everytime I pulled my hand away the sniffles would start. Finally, after 10 minutes, she was out.

I checked in the baby book and she is the prime age for sleep anxiety. Poor baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby was lonely :( But yes, everyone needs their sleep!

LISA

Sherry said...

Your bedtime routine is heaven! I wish AJ would go to bed so easily and quickly. Sometimes we draw it out for hours and I think we should be on Nanny 911.