Monday, February 1, 2010

Update 1 Me

My husband came home and said "Why are you so tired, you were home all day"? I ran through what I did I day:

5:30 a.m. woke up, sipped water, read news sites
7:30 a.m. helped wake up V, get her dressed (no small feat), and get her breakfast
8:00 a.m. - 900 a.m. - got dressed, made mashed potatoes and a smoothie, drank them. Husband left and took V to school
9:30 a.m. - got my mom packed up to leave, warmed up my vehicle which my husband left outside!! CLeaned my teeth with antibiotic mouthwash.
10:00 a.m. - went with my mother to grocery store. It hurt my chin to push the cart. Bought milk, bananas, and soy milk.
11:00 a.m. - saw my mother off
11:30 a.m. - drove to Coney Island to buy Greek Chicken Lemon RIce soup
12:00 p.m. - attempted to puree soup to drink. Blender dirty. Started to cry and cuss out life in general.
12:30 p.m. - drank soup and ate a little soft serve ice cream. Choked down antibiotic
1:15 p.m. - got the shakes so badly that I put on P's winter coat and two blankets
attempted to light fireplace to increase warmth but couldn't get off the child safety lock. Mentally cussed out life. Choked down reflux med early because I was having reflux.
2:00 p.m. - watched HGTV and surfed the web
3:15 p.m. - got sleepy
3:45 p.m. - realized I had to leave to pick up V if I was able. Became starving! Ate more of the mashed potatoes I made earlier and drank some Diet Coke.
4:00 p.m. - ran into Kroger and brough refried beans, Diet soda, tofu, tomato sauce, salsa, and some food for Vi
4:30 p.m. - picked up Vi. Ignored stares from other parents. (IF YOU WANT TO KNOW, ASK!) Wrangled Vi into coat as she tried to lay on the floor. Hurt my chin lifting her into carseat
5:00 p.m. - home. Washed baby's hands and put her in high chair. Tried two new foods today with success - soy Italian sausage and real strawberries. Opened mail and threw away approximately 75%. Two cards from friends and family.
5:30 p.m. - crying and whining started. Unloaded and loaded dishwasher because I am awesome like that. Wrangled toddler without getting too close.
5:50 p.m. - pureed refried beans, salsa, and rice. Toddler sat by me and drew on a medical statement. Wanted to get up and down constantly. Don't remember what I ate practially, but drank my meal with a baby spoon. Made a smoothie out of soy milk, frozen cherries, and protein powder.
6:20 p.m. - husband home late. Got into argument with him (see above remark)
6:45 p.m. - discussed our long term financial strategy while he ate dinner. Boiled Gluten Free Spaghetti for dish I want puree tomorrow. ]
7:00 p.m. - convinced him to bring her upstairs for a bath. Sat with her during the bath which she usually LOVES! She bawled while I washed her hair and whined the rest of the time. While sitting by the tub I pulled off my facial bandages. Still very swollen. My pointy chin is gone. IT LOOKS SO WEIRD. Still a great deal of swelling, but may need a chin implant after my second surgery.
7:35 p.m. - Vaselined and dressed toddler. SHe played with phone while daddy and I laughed.
8:00 p.m.- made toddler's lunch for tomorrow and put into fridge.
8:15 p.m. - sat down to blog, ate a few bites of mashed potatoes, and took 1/3 the dose of liquid painkiller because removing the chin bandage, lifting the toddler, and doing too much today gave me more discomfort than I've had in days.
8:30 p.m. - debating whether to sleep in bed tonight or upstairs. Need to pick up the living room and leave money for the cleaning lady.

That is what I did today...


Kelly said...

Jen - Don't you think you're doing too much for someone that just had surgery? WHen do you have to go back to work??

Searching for Serenity said...

No wonder you're exhausted!

When is take it easy or take a nap in that agenda. I hope you can work on that today.

BTW, I LOVE avgolemono soup. (Cap'm is greek.)

Anonymous said...

found your blog through S4S.

sometimes i think that going to work is actually easier than staying home/being sick/recovering.

take it easy!! :)