Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tidbits

Or leftovers, the Thursday night edition, since tomorrow is Christmas Eve.
* Just gave my little babydoll a bath. I put a tiny drop of curling cream in her hair and it is curly (what there is of it!)
* It's Christmas Eve Eve. Some people say Christmas Eve Adam. I think that is lame.
* Off work for a bit. Grateful for a job with paid holidays.
* It's been an EXTREMELY STRESSFUL week. My family is quite upset we will would not be there on Christmas Day (it's a 10 hour round trip) as we wanted to spend it in our own home. We couldn't agree on when and how to get together over the holidays and they were pretty unyielding about their desires including refusing our invitations to come here. My error is not being more up front with them about everything, but still. Listening to your mom cry about it and getting nasty text messages from your sister is NOT COOL.
* The stress from all this caused diarrhea, nausea, stomach pains and anorexia. I hadn't felt great starting earlier this month, but now it is a full fledged attack. I talked to the doctor and nurse. They think I have Crohn's Disease. That is pretty upsetting.
* P went to the grocery store to buy food for tomorrow and Christmas Day. He is going to beat the crowds. I have "Best of Elmo 2" video on. I recommend it. It's really cute. At the end of the video Adam Sandler sings a song that rhymes "Elmo" and "Smellmo".
* V has some sort of post nasal drip and has been up coughing the last two nights. I'm tired. I'm ready to go to bed now to be honest.
* The potty training is not realy coming along well here. I'll post more about that later.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I am looking forward to sitting around, some gym workouts, eating, Wii, hugging, kissing, and playdoughing up my baby, and not getting dressed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

family drama=yuck, but at least you get to be in your own home!! i'm totally jealous of that.

hopefully you get some time to yourself as well over the break and get to recharge a bit :)

Swistle said...

People say "Christmas Eve Adam"? Those people suck. No no---I have made a ruling on this.