Friday, October 31, 2008

Blast from the past....

I was working on some patient charts and realized I hadn't checked my online records in a while. This brings back some bad feelings:

In summary, _____________is a pleasant 32-year-old nulligravida female with significantly decreased ovarian reserve as evidenced by high FSH on day-10. I have explained to her the implication of having this high FSH on her low chance of success despite undergoing extensive fertility therapy. There is about 5% chance of spontaneous conception and this does not go up much despite undergoing a fertility therapy. For this reason, I have recommended for her to look into other options to expand her family including adoption as well as donor egg in vitro fertilization.

I am truly a recipient of a miracle...... Praise God.

No comments: