Thursday, October 16, 2008

yesterday was on one of those days....

that made me cry by 5:00 p.m.

To start:

My sister's house got foreclosed on
Vi went to the MD and had to start medicine for her reflux
Vi spent a good part of afternoon and evening screaming
It rained.
I went to the GI doctor and have to have more tests including a colonoscopy with a three day bowel prep (what the hell!?!?) because the last prep was poor, an upper endoscopy, and a bunch of blood tests. I also have to eat wheat for one month (Pizza Hut here I come!) before these tests as a "gluten challenge".
The GI Doc doesn't know what I have - he is thinking a gastric tumor, Lynch syndrome, Celiac dx or zollinger-elsrom syndrome???
The doctor told me my genetics are very high risk on both sides of my family
My mother grew so many colon polyps in one year (150+), she has to have another colon resection in 3 weeks
This week is really my last week home with Vi, she starts daycare part time on Monday.
We have to drive six hours for P's family Christmas this weekend
The laundry is still not put away
P worked so many hours this week/last weekend he is like a stranger.
P is going to Boston all next week
My body hurts so badly that I feel like a got hit by a car

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with the uncertainty and ugly tests to figure out what's going on with you. And to have Vi dx'd with reflux added to the mix - I'm so sorry. :( I can totally relate to the chaos and I'm really feeling for you right now. I hope things calm down and that the tests reveal that you are ok with no serious issues to contend with. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Jen - 150 polyps??? That's like something for a medical journal... keep us posted....


KEL