Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's been a crummy week

* I am still sick. I have missed three days of work this week. I'm already behind on so many things and have a long to do list, I definately could have used this time to catch.
* I have terrible coughing fits that start approximately 6 p.m. and go until 6:00 a.m. They are bad, and only sittting up stops them. There is no drainage, and it is a dry hacking cough, but it just doesn't stop until I am almost puking.
* This morning I got pinkeye and my right eye is a small slit and swollen. I couldn't deal with another doctor visit, so I have been using Vi's eye drops from when she had pinkeye last week.
* Laundry is piled up like your wouldn't believe.
* Last night we had no perishible food in the house. Not even eggs, which I always keep around for a quick dinner. After I picked up Vi we hit the market.
* Perhaps the very worst thing - I have completely lost my sense of smell and taste. I can taste nor smell nothing. IT IS HORRIBLE! THere is no reason to eat. Plus VI crawled around with a poopy diaper until I changed her into pajamas for bedtime because I COULDN'T smell anything. Apparently this can sometime be a long term consequence of the flu and can last up to two years and be permanent.

So yes, I do have the flu, but not the "swine flu, so that is good. When I called for a MD apt, I was directed to a locked 'special door' where I had to be buzzed in. I was met by masked staff, was given a mask and led into a special room where the MD came immediately. He was masked and asked me a lot of questions about what I had been up to the prior few days and how many peoople I was around. WHen he determined I did not have the swine flu, he removed his mask and we went about our business. THey are not messing around with this stuff, and I am glad. Six days of this stuff really isn't too pleasant either.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Jen -

That is awful! Hope you are feeling better really soon. I don't know if anyone told you, but when you have kids they bring home a LOT of germs.

Kelly

Kate said...

Are you feeling better?