Friday, July 23, 2010

Important Dates this week.

This is a week filled with many dates. For instance, today, July 23, my father has been deceased for 7 years. I miss him terribly and wish he was here for one more conversation. Not only was he a great father, he was my friend.

Monday July 19th would be my parents 41st wedding anniversary.
Tuesday July 20th, 1990 was the date my father received his kidney transplant. He had it for 14 years until his death seven years ago. This year would mark the 20th anniversary of someone losing their loved one this week. So I think about them too. I really have meant to write a letter to Gift of Life for the donor family, but it keeps slipping my mind.

Victoria was originally due on July 20th. But of course, we all know how that worked out. :)

4 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

I'm so sorry that your father is no longer with you. That must have been so difficult. 14 years with his donor kidney? Sounds like he put up a big fight.

I will keep you, your mom, him and the donor's family in my thoughts.

You should write that letter, girl!!!

Julie said...

I'm sorry for your loss, friend. ;(

MrsSpock said...

This month also marks the anniversary my friend Scott died last year. He was able to live 8 more years after his liver transplant.

Thinking of you.

Kyla Makay said...

I am on the same medication as you... did they put a drain in though????

-makay