Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Meme

I borrowed this from the fantastic Swistle

Eggnog or hot chocolate? Never had eggnog and hot chocolate makes me basically go into a diabetic coma. So, neither.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? Always wrap presents. I like to avoid gift bags at all costs. Part of the fun is ripping open the paper.

Colored lights on a tree or white? OUrs are tiny twinkle multicolor. I envy the people with color themed trees with all one lights. I am investigating blue and white.

Do you hang mistletoe? No.

When do you put your decorations up? Usually Saturday after Thanksgiving.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Chocolate/peanut butter buckeyes - not really a dish but I can still eat them since I am gluten free. I also love my Grandma Ernie's poppyseed potatoes. Unfortunately cannot the recipe!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Used to be able to open one when I was a kid, now husband and I do them all on Christmas Eve.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Like Swistle, nothing matches. Old + new + my grandpa's old ornaments = chaos. I also have about 13 different Strawberry Shortcake doll ornaments. I loved them when I was in grade school and people like to buy me them when they see them.

Snow: love it or hate it? I Hate it. So ready to move to Florida.

Can you ice skate? Yes I can. I grew up in a Northern Michigan Town where it was winter 6 months out of the year. I haven't since High School though.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? See buckeyes above. I also like Apple Pie.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Making sugar cookies.

Candy canes: yum or yuck? Nope. Too sweet.

Favorite Christmas show? Home Alone! Love that movie.

2 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Yum- buckeyes! It must be an Ohio/Michigan holiday tradition...

Anonymous said...

Are buckeyes the peanut butter balls covered with chocolate that look like a chesnut? We don't call them that.... We call them "peanut butter chesnuts". Great though!

Michelle