Monday, December 21, 2009

mice

Approximately two weeks ago, I brought up the Christmas stuff from the basement. There were approximately 12 bins and a large bin for the Christmas Tree (artificial) branches. The large bin was too heavy for me to carry so I waited until the weekend when P could do it. He opened the bin and started pulling out the branches. The conversation went like this:

P: Hey babe
Me: yeah?
P: there is a bunch of kleenex in here
Me: what?
P: Kleenex... and dryer lint.. and what is that?
Me: (leaning closer). That is a mouse nest. Made of dryer lint, Kleenex, and my hair.
P: Oh
Me: There appears to be no babies in it (Thank God). It's huge. (The size of a bird's nest)
Me: oh look, the mice chewed through the plastic bin and squeezed through the little crack to get in. Great

P throws away the nest and dustbusters the rest of the branches.

P: Holy ----! There are two live mice in here. Big ones.

Me: (runs to bathroom and hides)

P takes out the bin to the backyard and disposes of the mice. Christmas tree is a bit tarnished for me.

Now it comes to be Monday. I get to work. Open my desk drawer. There is mouse poop all over, my chocolate (Chocolate - MINE!) is all chewed up and scattered. There is chewed up paper towel and poop all over my files. They are even in my overhead bin. What the hell!!!
Maintenance man comes and puts a trap under my desk. One dead the next day and another dead IN MY DESK DRAWER. Thanks so much.

Now comes Sunday afternoon. I go downstairs to change over the laundry. I spot a small black creature laying in the middle of the basement floor. P came and took care of it. It was dead. It was not a mouse. It was a shrew. Seriously. What the HELL is going on with the basement? I'm scared.

4 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

Tis' the season.

That's enough mice for a while. And a shrew?? Ick, those things are ugly.

I have the heebie jeebies now.

Kelly said...

What is a shrew? As in the taming of the shrew?

MrsSpock said...

Eek! Reminds me of the time in high school a friend was spending the night, and we slept on the living room floor. I woke up to find my cat in a stalking position, and felt something small and furry run across my body. I screamed, the cat pounced, and caught a mouse next to my head.

My skin is crawling just thinking about it!

Alisha said...

Oh, for crying out loud! What a mess! We are in a BRAND NEW apartment and have been dealing with a "creature" in between the walls in this one area! We hear this scratching in between the walls! Gross!!!!!!!!! Gross!!!!!!!!!